Federal Government Blueprint
This document outlines how U.S. Federal Government Agencies can meet constituents’ expectations for responsiveness in today’s increasingly digital society. Aging and costly infrastructure simply can’t accommodate new capabilities at scale, nor efficiently enable collaboration across agencies. By following the blueprint steps, agencies can distribute security, integrate multiple clouds, share data dynamically and deliver open, secure and compliant collaboration at the digital edge to meet smart nation goals.
Traditional, centralized government agency architectures, some of which are 40+ years old, can’t meet the needs of increasing numbers of geographically dispersed participants demanding real-time collaboration. Achieving smart nation capabilities will require large-scale digitalization and the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT), however, maintaining privacy, security and compliance systems in a dispersed, cloud-enabled environment remains a significant challenge.
- Securely share responsive content and application services across clouds.
- Dynamically rewire connections to new partners, agency interfaces and data channels.
- Optimize the use of encryption for data at rest and in motion.
- Manage regulatory compliance at local edge nodes where most changes occur.
- Achieve resilience, responding to outages and network congestion by dynamically rerouting traffic.